A journey through music history, for training band and narrator
Musical history for training band and narrator
Join us on a trip through the history of music, as we meet the Great Composers and play their most famous tunes!
Perfect for players who've been learning for a year or so, with ten short pieces (each about a minute long).
We've simplified the music to use only the most basic rhythms and a limited range of just over one octave. And, of course, they're in nice keys for all players.
Includes Learner Parts using only five notes and rudimentary rhythms.
A narrator guides us on our journey, bringing music history to life: we meet the stone-deaf Beethoven, the five-year-old prodigy Mozart, and hear about Handel's enormous fireworks display!
- Handel - Music for the Royal Fireworks
- Beethoven - Ode to Joy
- Mozart - Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Haydn - Surprise Symphony
- Bach - Minuet
- Vivaldi - Spring, from Four Seasons
- Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
- Verdi - La Donna è Mobile
- Tchaikovsky - Dance of the Reed Flutes
- Elgar - Land of Hope and Glory
- BRASS PARTS
- • Soprano Cornet in Eb
- • 1st & 2nd Cornets / Trumpets in Bb
- • Horn in Eb & F
- • Trom / Euph / Bari in Bb treble and C bass clefs
- • Tuba in C (bass clef) plus Basses in Eb and Bb (treble clef)
- 3 PERCUSSION PARTS
- • covering snare drum, cymbals, bass drum, glock
- 5-NOTE BEGINNER PARTS
- • for Trumpets, Horns, Trombones, Basses & Tuba